In recent times, the Tier 1 and Tier 2 cities have developed a highly advanced learning infrastructure for formal education like engineering, management, medicine etc. These have been the feeder lines for the growing job sector. At the same time, a lot of underprivileged youth from the cities as well as from the rural areas, are seeking to move to the cities or engage in the new-age jobs in their towns or villages. The biggest challenge for them is the lack of quality skill coaching for these jobs, popularly known as vocational courses.
In such a scenario, Yashaswi Group decided to launch an initiative that bridges this gap between youth and skill development. Called the Yashaswi Academy for Skills (YAS), it digs deep into Yashaswi’s legacy of developing need-specific skill courses and grooming the talent appropriately, to make them industry-ready.
Today, YAS is at the forefront of implementing various skill development programmes that are a part of Government of India’s Skill India Mission.
Partners & Affiliations
The experience-driven efforts by Yashaswi Academy for Skills have not only created an on-ground difference to the execution of skill development programmes but has also resulted in some meaningful partnerships with government authorities across India. The different partnerships of YAS include:
- A partner of the National Skill Development Corporation, Government of India
- A recognised Training Partner of National Skill Development Agency (NSDA)
- The Training Partner of Bihar Urban Development Authority for imparting skill training to 800 students regarding plumbing and welding
- Partnering Cummins Foundation in implementing skill development programs under CSR for PAP to enhance their employability and entrepreneurial skills
- Signed an MOU with the Director General (Training), Ministry of Skill Development & Entrepreneurship, Government of India, for implementation of “High employment potential courses for specific needs of industries through Flexi MOUs”
SECTOR SKILL COUNCIL NAME
- Automotive Skill Development Council ( ASDC )
- Logistics Skill Council ( LSC )
- Electronics Sector Skill Council ( ESSC )
- BFSI Skill Council ( BSC )
- Tourism & Hospitality Skill Council (THSC)
- IT-ITeS Sector Skill Council(ITSSC)
- Retailers Associations Skill Council ( RASC )
- Apparel, Made-up & Home Furnishing Skill Council ( AMHFSC )
- Beauty & Wellness Sector Skill Council ( BWSSC )
- Construction Skill Development Council ( CSDC )
- Food Industry Capacity Skill Initiative ( FICSI )
- Healthcare Sector Skill Council ( HSSC )
- Life Sciences Sector Skill Development Council (LSSSDC )
- Agriculture Skill Council ( ASC )
- Management & Entrepreneur & Professional Skill Council ( MEPSC )
- Green Jobs Skill Council ( GJSC )
- Capital Goods Skill Council ( CGSC )
- Infrastructure Equipment Skill Council ( IESC )
- Apparel made-ups Home Furnishings Sector Skill Council (SSCAMH)
- Automotive Skills Development Council ( ASDC )
- Beauty and Wellness Sector Skill Council (BWSSC)
- Capital Goods Skill Council ( CGSC )
- Food Industry Capacity & Skill Initiative (FICSI)
- Healthcare Sector Skill Council (HSSC)
- Rubber Skill Development Council (RSDC)
- Security Sector Skill Development Council (SSSDC)
- Tourism and Hospitality Skill Council ( THSC )
- Telecom Sector Skill Council (TSSC)
- Life Sciences Sector Skill Development Council: LSSSDC
In its efforts to take the idea of Skill India to more and more people across the country, Yashaswi Academy for Skills has executed many government programs and its own special initiatives, which have developed milestones of success for the Skill India Mission.
While Maharashtra has benefitted the most from these programs by YAS, there has been a significant expanse and impact of all these initiatives, across many states and cities of India- from Gujarat to Assam and from Himachal Pradesh to Tamil Nadu.
APPRENTICESHIP TRAINING PROGRAM
Organisations repeatedly face issues like basic training to apprentices, documentation work, liasoning with apprentice board, addressing compliance issues, show cause notices etc., for which they need to employ additional manpower. Government of India has initiated to support the organisation for apprenticeship training through third party agencies. Yashaswi group signed an MOU with Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship to become a third-party facilitator for apprenticeship training programs.
Role of Yashaswi as Third-Party Agency
- Engage apprentice in designated and optional trades
- Facilitate employer to set up curriculum, assessment and certificate of apprentices
- Ensure compliance with the provisions of the Apprentice Act
- Comply with all formalities required for trade apprentices for appearing All India Trade Tests (NCVT) for Apprentices, as required
- Processing and payment of stipend to apprentices on behalf of the company
- Liasoning wand coordination with Apprentice Advisor and Apprentice Board or any other government organisation
- Processing for Reimbursement of Stipend on behalf of the company with Board of Apprenticeship Training & DGT for optional Trade and Trade Apprentice
Yashaswi’s association to skill development in Maharashtra has been growing continuously. In fact, Maharashtra’s first and biggest skill development centre at Ambad in Jalna district, founded by Maharashtra State Board of Technical Education, is being developed and operated by YAS, since its inception. A 35,000 sq. ft. facility, it offers quality skill education.
HOTEL MANAGEMENT AND CATERING SKILL CENTRE, PUNE
With the hospitality industry on the rise and in the need of skilled professionals, Yashaswi Academy for Skills has identified hotel management and catering as a domain of extreme importance. Collaborating with Maharashtra State Institute of Hotel Management and Catering technology (MSIHMCT), YAS provides implementing a skill programme with different aspects of the domain covered. It also commercially operates 30 rooms, a hotel, a banquet hall, auditorium, cafeteria and a restaurant, to provide on the job training.
KAUSHALYA SETU ABHIYAAN
RECOGNITION OF PRIOR LEARNING
Understanding the legacy of Yashaswi in skill development over the last few decades, the National Skill Development Corporation has appointed YAS to implement the Recognition of Prior Learning. The idea to impart various skill training sessions to the soon-to-be-retiring Short Service Commission employees of the Indian Navy. Currently, the pilot programme is being implemented at INS Shivaji, Lonavala and INS Hamla, Malad, Mumbai.
Samgra shikshan abhiyaan
Along with classroom learning, it is important to give vocational training to students at school level, in order to develop their interest in practical work. Yashaswi is implementing these vocational training courses in association with the HRD Ministry, Government of India. Being executed in 70 schools across Marathwada and Vidarbha, it engages students from standards 9, 10, 11 and 12.
SANTA MAI SKILL CENTER, PUNE
Different segments of society are in need of skill training for different reasons. In order to skill the youth Yashaswi has developed a training center in affiliation with National Skill Development Center (NSDC) for individuals to seek certified training in various courses at a subsidized cost.
- Beauty & Wellness
- Handicrafts Making
- Sewing Machine operator
- Security Training
- Beautician and Hair Stylist
MESCO SKILL DEVELOPMENT CENTRE
FOR MORE DETAILS
Over the years, Yashaswi Academy for Skills has successfully skilled thousands of individuals across the country. While partnering different government organisations in the Skill India Mission, it has created a pool of skilled individuals, who have earned employment across different industries with some of the most popular names globally.From nationally reputed names to global brands, individuals trained by YAS are making a name for themselves at all these places, while contributing to the growth of the economy.
SSC (STAFF SELECTION COMMISSION)
An organisation of the Government of India, the Staff Selection Commission (SSC) recruits manpower for various posts in the various Ministries and Departments of the Government and its Subordinate Offices. SSC is attached to the Department of Personnel and Training (DoPT) and offers many job opportunities.Every year, it conducts the Combined Graduate Level Examination for recruiting non-gazetted officers to various government jobs performing different necessary functions.
RMSA (RASHTRIYA MADHYAMIK SHIKSHA ABHIYAN)
MULTI SKILL FOUNDATION COURSE
BARTI (DR. BABASAHEB AMBEDKAR RESEARCH AND TRAINING INSTITUTE )
BARTI is essentially and educational Institute that is fully committed to the cause of equality and social justice through scientific research and evaluation & implementation of schemes meant for socially disadvantaged, backward students.By offering scholarships and designing specific education programs, BARTI focuses on skilling the socially disadvantaged students, to help them shape their future.
TOURISM & HOSPITALITY
NULM (NATIONAL URBAN LIVELIHOODS MISSION)
A programme by the Government of India, NULM is committed to reducing the poverty and vulnerability of the urban poor households by enabling them to access gainful self-employment and skilled wage employment opportunities.The central idea is to empower them to develop sustainable livelihoods, by facilitating access to suitable spaces, institutional credit, social security and skills to the urban street vendors for accessing emerging market opportunities.